Little Around the World
The Little Around the World shooting drill is a fun and useful basketball drill to improve a players shooting skills. The drill will work on shooting the basketball from all different angles.
- Nothing more than a basketball and some spots marked on the court.
- This is a great basketball drill for a player to do on their own or with smaller numbers.
- In Little Around the World the shooting spots are around the lane.
- Shorter range with everything 15 feet or closer.
- This is great for younger basketball players or post players.
- Pick a starting point and the goal is to make a shot from each of the shooting spots as quickly as possible.
- Rebound your own ball or have a friend rebound.
There are many many variations.
- Make it a contest by timing.
- How fast does it take to make a shot from each spot.
- Or see who can make a shot from each spot in the lowest number of attempts.
- You can assign a point value for each shot and then give the players 1 minute to score as many points as possible.
- Stress speed but the main point should be upon good basketball shooting form.
- Squaring up.
- Getting your feet set.
- Proper follow through without falling away or to the side.
- Challenges the player to get to a spot on the floor and get their shot off quickly with good form and accuracy.
View Count: 6295