Basketball Shooting Free-Throws Drill
This is a great basketball free-throwing drill good for individuals or small groups.
- Mark off four spots in front of the basket.
- The first position directly in front of the basket, the 2nd and 3rd position evenly spaced between the first spot and the free-throw line.
- The 4th position is on the free-throw line.
- This free-throw shooting drill is best with only one player or a small group. The shooter will need only one ball.
- The player starts at position 1.
- The player must shoot from tposition 1. If the player makes the shot, they progress to position 2.
- The player then moves to each of the next positions as the shots are made.
- If at any time a shot is missed the player must restart at position 1.
- After successfully making each of the shots from each of the positions, the player then takes 10 free-throws.
Have the player start at position 1, work their way to position 4 without missing a shot, then work their way back down to position 1. At any time they miss a shot they restart at position 1.
- Good balance and control of the body
- The player should be very focused and have solid concentration
- Making sure the player is aiming for the basket rather than just throwing the ball at the basket
- The follow through after the shot
View Count: 7663