This team layup competition will focus on full-speed layups, and staying calm during break aways.
- Split the teams into two lines under each of the side baskets.
- The first person in each line will need a ball.
This is a group effort layup drill that relies on every player to go full speed and make their layups.
- On the coaches command, the first players in each line will dribble full speed to the basket on the other side of the court and do a layup.
- After the layup attempt, the next player under the basket recovers the rebound and dribbles full speed to the other basket and does a layup.
- The first time through, count every basket on both goals that is made in 1 minute.
- Add 3-5 baskets they must make to their previous count. THey must meet or exceed this new number within 1 minute.
- If they fail to reach their target basket count, the eithre team runs 2 laps around the gym.
- Dribble full speed
- Good layup technique
- Stay calm and composed, but full speed
- Have fun!
View Count: 18151