The Basketball Star Shooter
The Basketball Star Shooter will work on improving passing, shooting as well as communication between players.
- You will need at least 5 players and a ball for this drill.
- Four lines (A,B,C,D) with the ball starting in line A.
- Four lines with 1 basketball.
- A passes to B and follows their pass joining that line.
- B receives the ball and passes to C following their pass.
- C receives the ball and passes to D who is the shooter.
- D receives the ball and then drives for a layup.
- As soon as the layup is shot the next player in line A starts a new progression.
There are many variations to this drill.
- First alter the shots of the finisher (line D).
- Do some progressions with a layup.
- Next, do some progressions with a catch and shoot jumper.
- Then do some progressions where they catch and dribble for a free throw line jumper.
- Other variations are to change the pass.
- Make it a bounce pass every time.
- Focus on good passing and clean handling with receiving of the ball.
- Have the players communicate during the drill.
- The receiver needs to call for the pass.
- Focus on good shooting form with the finisher.
View Count: 6027